About Our School
Marshalls Park School was opened in 1936 as Pettits Senior Council School. It was enlarged in 1945-6 and later became Pettits Secondary School.
In 1973 it was amalgamated with Romford County Technical School to form Marshalls Park Comprehensive, with this being known as the Upper School and Pettits Lane being the Lower School.
In July 1999 the Upper School in Havering Drive was closed, and the two schools combined on the Pettits Lane site. This necessitated an 18-month, £5.5 million modernisation, including a new sports hall, refurbished classrooms, music room, computer rooms, large library and science laboratories. The new site was officially opened by the Rt Hon. David Blunkett, MP, the then Secretary of State for Education. In 2006, it was designated Specialist Status for the Performing Arts and a new Dance Studio extending in to the central Quad was completed in 2010 and still retains a strong commitment to the Performing Arts.
As you can see from the website, social media feeds and our newsletter, we see the role of education as more than just qualifications; we believe Marshalls Park has a rich offering of extra-curricular activities, good learning facilities, and excellent culture of ambition and achievement.